AFM Safecoat Transitional Primer is a premium quality, waterbased, flat finish universal primer specifically formulated to solve difficult application problems without the use of toxic and outgassing chemicals. Because it has an extremely tight and efficient polymer network, it is when properly applied particularly well suited for transitioning from existing oil based painted surfaces to waterbased coatings. It is when properly applied useful as a stain blocker for many of the knot holes, water soluble stains and oils, tannins and terpenes in wood which can “bleed through” to the surface upon the application of traditional waterbased primers. Like all AFM Safecoat paints, it is the least toxic product of its type, and contains no naphtha or other aromatic solvents, and no formaldehyde, ethylene glycol, ammonia, acetone, heavy metals, crystalline silica or other carcinogenic or hazardous materials. AFM Safecoat Transitional Primer is naturally low in odor, and unlike other paints contains no masking agents or fragrances to hide the smells of toxic chemicals.
– Unique molecular structure promotes strong penetration and mechanical adhesion
– Environmentally friendly, very low VOC content, the lowest toxicity for a product of its type
– Tight polymer network makes an excellent sealer
– Durable and high performance undercoating
– Low in odor, contains zero formaldehyde or aromatic hydrocarbons
– Fights indoor pollution
Coverage: One gallon covers approximately 300-350 square feet in one coat